05 September 2009

CATHERINE RYAN - Shiny Squirrel interview


"The Little Interview with Catherine Ryan"
Read the full interview here+

If you could draw/ paint like one artist who would it be?

Even though there are many artists that I admire, I don't think I would want to draw or paint like anyone but myself.

Are there any contemporary artists you identify with?

There are a lot of artists whose work I really relate to right now.
Two that stand out for me are Robyn O'Neil and James Benjamin Franklin.

Do your past experiences affect the work you are creating today?

I would guess that my work is most affected by things that I experienced as a child. But I'm not exactly sure how.


CERASOLI gallery is looking forward to CATHERINE RYAN's
forth coming 2010 solo exhibition February 6 - March 3.



Catherine Ryan 'Owl'
acrylic & charcoal on paper,
21x25” unframed sketch $900
email to: contact@cerasoligallery.com for Purchase


Catherine Ryan 'Table'
acrylic & charcoal on paper,
12x 9" famed $450
email to: contact@cerasoligallery.com for Purchase

view more available Catherine Ryan works here+